Welcome students! We hope that you have been learning a lot this year and enjoying participating in The Confluence Project! It’s almost time for the Youth Water Summit! Has your research been going well? Have you finished your data analysis? Is your solution ready to go? Have you practiced your presentation? You will have about 5 minute to share your work and then 5 minutes to answer questions from the judges. We are excited to see what you have come up with!!
We hope you have already filled out your Summit registration form and submitted your project abstract. Check out the packing list so that you are prepared for the two-day event. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Packing and Preparation List:
- Dress nicely for your presentation on Day 1 (think college or job interview).
- Bring your project materials and a pen or pencil.
- Your smart phone/camera will be useful but are not required. Remember, YOU are responsible for your belongings.
- Pack gym clothes and shoes for afternoon activities in a small day pack that you will keep with you during Day 1.
- Have warm layers and/or a rain jacket with you if needed
- Pack in an overnight bag that you WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO during the day:
- Regular clothes for Day 2
- *This bag will be locked up, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Bring any medications you take.
- Practice your presentation and make sure you satisfy all the rubric categories!! You will be great!
- Get ready to meet students from other schools and professionals from the university, government agencies and business. We hope you’re excited!
*Remember, we are not responsible for any of your items, so please only bring things that you need and are willing to look after.
**Pack light! It makes life easier!