We had a great day yesterday at Green Bluff visiting McGlade’s orchard and Strawberry Hill Nutrition Farm. Jerry and Verne were amazing tour guides, helping Post Falls students make the connection between water resources, agriculture and genetics! Students, see below for the reflection questions and provide your answers in the comments.
- In what ways was today’s field experience similar to learning experiences you have in school? In what ways was it different?
- How do you feel right now? Compare these feelings with those that you have after completing a typical science class at school.
- What was the most interesting thing you learned today and why?
- Did the trip today spark any ideas for you about your Water Summit project? Please explain.
- Provide some commentary on how today’s experience has influenced your personal viewpoint on how agriculture works and how it is connected to water resources.
- In our effort to show how biology intertwines with English, we had you take photos that represented #war, #reproduction and #death. Email your photos with a short description to firstname.lastname@example.org so that Audrey can make a new blog post with all of your amazing photography and metaphors.