Mrs. Rust’s Honors Biology students got their hands dirty today at Fish Creek and Twin Lakes near Rathdrum, ID! The students were split into two groups during the full-day field trip: one helped the Twin Lakes Homeowners Association re-vegetate the stream banks of Fish Creek while the other tested water quality in Twin Lakes and went fishing with Idaho Fish & Game. Then they swapped places so they could experience it all! Check out these photos from the day, and then read the comments below for the students’ reflections.
Students, please individually reflect on these points in the comments below:
- What is the most valuable thing you learned from today’s experiences?
- How does water quality impact you and your community?
- In what ways was today’s field work experience similar to typical science labs you have completed in school? In what ways was it different?
- What was your favorite part about today’s field work?
- How have today’s experiences shaped your understanding of careers in water resources or hydrology?
- Has today’s field work influenced your personal viewpoint on or understanding of water resources?